Nov 23, 2013

Build me a Son

Lillian the Domestic Engineer
 
Build me a Son        

 by Elbert Hubbard

Build me a Son who will be strong enough to know when he is weak
 and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid;
 one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat
 and humble and gentle in victory.
Build me a son whose wishbone
 will not be where his backbone should be.
 Build me a son whose goals will be high; 
a son who will master himself before he seeks to master others.
 One who will learn to laugh, yet never forget how to weep; 
One who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past.
Lead him I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge.
 Here let him learn to stand up in the storm, here let him know compassion for those who fail.
After all of these are his add enough of a sense of humor 
so that he may always be serious,
 yet never take himself too seriously.
Give him humility so that he may always remember the simplicity of the greatness,
 the open mind of true wisdom and the meekness of the true strength.
  Check out My Page HERE HERE             
Check out this link of wise and wonderful quotes.
www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/elbert_hubbard.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger