Dec 31, 2013

All that Glitter

Lillian the Domestic Engineer
All that Glitter is Embossing Powder!
Make your own Cards shine
 Available in a multitude of colors, Embossing Powder is a home made Card finishing must.

 Used with Gel Pens, Rubber Stamps, Lino Cuts and even white glue it does add a wow factor to all that you do.



Embossing Powder
.
The Powder requires a wet surface to stick to before heat setting. Do not delay with the application of the embossing powder after you have written with pen, made your rubber stamp impression or lightly painted with white glue.

 The powder is then "set" with the heat of a house hold iron or a hot hair blow dryer
When you are ready to set simply hold the embossed area as close to the heat as possible. Almost instantly you will see the powder begin to swish and liquify as a result of the heat. Once all of the powder has been heated  and melted the area is "set".

All that glitters is like gold to me so I apply my powder carefully and sparingly.. it does tend to be a little pricey...
I sprinkle and shake over top of a piece of clean card stock, ensuring that every grain of "over shake" will be gathered on the card stock and recovered by gently folding the paper in half and finally funneling the powder back into the original container.

Handmade Card bits

 Dig out the envelopes you have collected through out the year (keep your eyes peeled... envelopes can be bought in all sizes, usually fastened together in bunches) I then cut and construct my cards according to the envelope sizes that I have available.
 Gather together your paper bits and stickers, scissors and glittery bits, your pictures and embellishments.. set up your iron in a clean work space and craft away.








                                                    





 Valentines Card 
I have been creating Greeting Cards for as long as I can remember.
Costing up to $6.00 each for some of the beautiful cards out there, it now makes more economic sense than ever before to create your own  personalized GREETING CARD !

I look for inspiration and ideas everywhere. I see all small things as having opportunity for attachment!
From shoe laces and ticket stubs, to photo snips and things of love..

Christmas Cards





 I only purchase retail accessories that I find on sale. The full cost otherwise is terribly overpriced ( in my frugal and humble opinion) Recently while looking for key chains in Walmart, I stumbled across a sale on a small selection of ribboned flowers with a flat glass bead at center. Although I didn't have anything in mind when I purchased them, I knew they held great potential.The sparkle and shine over took me and the price allowed me to take them home.

sI store all of my nicks and knacks in a clear plastic zip up freezer bag.
The contents are then further organized within the bag into baggies or small boxes.
I also keep corrugated cardboard pieces that I removed from many a prepackaged food product (cookies)

 Brightly colored gum and candy wrappers, used copper or colored wires that you often find LITTER- ally laying in the street, and broken or mismatched jewel pieces all add personality to your card.
  Never a shiny item passes  my way without my first giving it careful scrutiny and a Crafters consideration.. You know, where there is a will there is a way!

                                        This is a POP UP card
                                              that I created for my Aunt and Uncle.
                                          POP UP cards are a great brain workout.
         I like the challenge of having to think outside the box while working within one!

 As the card opens the table pops out and the wine bottles and the Birthday Cake are viewed on the table.


Although it be better to give..I do love to receive
 Hand Made Cards addressed to me!


I fondly recall the many years I wandered up the railway tracks which made their way through the little town that I lived in, passing along side a beautiful lake and curving through a half mile stretch of wild flowers (which had apparently been tossed about 30 years earlier by a railway worker) before arriving at the local Post Office.
 There I would greet the Post Master, run into my neighbors and pick up my mail.  
   
 "Catching Up" required getting up. If I didn't make the journey up the road one way or another I wouldn't discover what happened down the road nor what await me in the shiny little box that I liked to check daily and so religiously. Only opened with a special key my little Post Box still captivates me ...

         Oh JOY


I will attempt to dig up some old Pictures of a few more of the many Cards I have created in my day.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger